Changes In The Guest Bedroom

Changes In The Guest Bedroom

It seems like things just keep changing all the time around here, especially the Guest Bedroom.  It began as the home of mis-fits.  Anything that hadn't found a home somewhere else wound up in here.  Then with some thrift store shopping,  I did a complete makeover and gave this room a headboard, dresser and some drapes.  I now have a presentable guest room, but it just keeps getting better.
I've had several of you ask me where my pretty $15 Frenchy chair went.  Well, like most things without a home, it made it to the guest bedroom.  I did have a fabulous small dresser in front of the window,but it found another home and this chair, garden stool and floor lamp were all looking for a home, so Guest Room it was.

 I love having a nice chair in here, I think my guests will enjoy it and a good reading lamp too.


Another change - I swapped out this painting from the entry with the little girl painting I did have hanging here.  I like both of them in their new places better.


I always have to take a look at the pillow cover aisle in Hobby Lobby every time I am there and this pillow just looked like it would be perfect for this room.  Their pillow covers are so inexpensive and don't forget to use a 40% off coupon that they always have.


I still love this dresser I found at my favorite 2nd hand store.  It looks so elegant in the room and my madeover mirror goes perfectly with it.  If you do some serious thrift shopping you can create a really pretty room for pennies.


 You could see a peak in the above picture of this mess.  Well, it's not a real mess, I am doing some early Christmas shopping and it is being stashed here for the time being.  Maybe I should just go ahead and wrap them and then it wouldn't look so messy.


This room just keeps evolving and still seems to house all the "extras", but I like it.

How about you, do you have a room that houses all the "extra" stuff you own?

If you like Thrifty & Chic on a Budget, I would love to have you follow me.
Check out what's happening behind the scenes, follow me on Instagram.
Have every post delivered to your inbox with Bloglovin
Check out Pinterest & See behind the scenes on Instagram 

 photo facebook_zpsjidlprdx.png  photo twitter_zps2tkztdwt.png  photo pinterest_zpsrqc2e9tb.png  photo instagram_zpshgvokoye.png  photo rss_zpskxkhosrf.png  photo google_zpsq4r5lcgg.png  photo bloglovin_zpszdewbww1.png  photo email_zpsecoee34x.png

Enter your email address:


هذا ليس كل شيء تصفح باقي الصفحات وتعرف على باقي التفاصيل…

اPopularPosts