My Entrance Makeover

My Entrance Makeover

As you know if you are following along, I have added and subtracted all kinds of furniture from my living room, and now it was time to subtract a few things from the Entrance Wall too.  It's a long wall that leads you from the front door all the way to the back of the house where you see the family room/kitchen/breakfast area.  This wall needs to have some furniture, but it doesn't need to be weighed down with too much stuff.

Looking from upstairs down, you can see the layout.


Just like the living room area I am discovering that less is more in a small space and removing some things for a more streamlined look is what I am liking.  This is what it looked like when we first moved in.


Now I think it looks better with "less".  I removed the ladder back chairs and moved the bench between the entry console and the china cabinet.

I also swapped out the artwork above the console.  The painting that I originally had here went to the Guest Bedroom.

I added just a touch of fall with some Target $1 pumpkins and Hobby Lobby Antlers.



Now it feels much more open and inviting to me.

Sometimes you just need to take stuff away instead of adding.

DON'T FORGET, YOU CAN STILL LINK UP TO INSPIRE ME TUESDAY

                  If you like Thrifty & Chic on a Budget, I would love to have you follow me.
                       Check out what's happening behind the scenes, follow me on Instagram.
Have every post delivered to your inbox with Bloglovin
Check out Pinterest & See behind the scenes on Instagram 

 photo facebook_zpsjidlprdx.png  photo twitter_zps2tkztdwt.png  photo pinterest_zpsrqc2e9tb.png  photo instagram_zpshgvokoye.png  photo rss_zpskxkhosrf.png  photo google_zpsq4r5lcgg.png  photo bloglovin_zpszdewbww1.png  photo email_zpsecoee34x.png

Enter your email address:


هذا ليس كل شيء تصفح باقي الصفحات وتعرف على باقي التفاصيل…

اPopularPosts