My Cleaned, Purged & Organized Closet For Fall

My Cleaned, Purged & Organized Closet For Fall

Since I am not in the Corporate world anymore, I find that I am not much of a clothes horse.  I love to have a few things to dress up in but mostly I just like some really comfy casual clothes for around the house.  Maybe something special for a girls day out and that is about it.  So it was time to get my closet in shape.

Now living in the desert there is little to no need for winter clothes.  A light jacket or sweater is about all you need.  So I took a ton of things that I had been hanging on to to the Goodwill and gave some of my dresses and suits to Dress For Success.  Now all I have are the things I really wear and that fit, so that is a great feeling.

I love that this house has two closets in the master bedroom.  One is an 8' sliding door closet that my hubby uses and I took the walk in closet.  Love it.  Tons of storage and shelf space.


I divided it into sections.  The left side is for my long hanging things.  Dress slacks, dresses (I narrowed it down to 1 little black dress) coats and jackets.


The shelves on the left side hold some storage boxes and my collection of purses.  Even if I am not a "dressy" person anymore, I love a great handbag.


This side also has my wonderful wire drawers that hubby madeover for me in my closet makeover in the last house.   These are just those wire stackable units from the Container Store.  They are perfect to hold all of my under garments, scarves and etc.


If you would like to see how a really small closet gets glammed up, this is the closet makeover from the last house. ORC- Master Closet Reveal



I need to add some personality to this closet, maybe after a million other things are done.
The center section is my primping station.  My dressier tops, skirts and blazers hang on the bottom rod.



A pretty mirror, some hooks to hold my evening bags and a shelf for everyday jewelry.  This is so handy to just grab my everyday things and run when I am getting dressed.


The top shelf has my "Audry Hepburn" hat and some pretty storage boxes.


In the last house I added a Butlers Pullout Rod, but in this house I just left the rod in the center section.  It is perfect to use when I am putting an outfit together.  Cutout leather jacket, black tank top and black skirt.  Simple pearls as jewelry.  Perfect for a dressier date night out.

The right side has tons of shelves for shoes and storage.  I love this.  I share some of this space with hubby for some of his shoes too.


 It's nice to be able to see my favorite shoes.  I don't wear a lot of heals, so these pretty much fill the bill for me.


 The bottom hanging rack holds my jeans, capri's and every day shirts and tees.  Nothing fancy just practical for everyday.  I like plaid shirts, can you tell?  I got addicted when I lived in cold country.  Jeans, plaid shirts, jean or leather jacket and boots always looked so good together.


Nice to have things purged and cleaned.  Now I am ready to add a few new items to my wardrobe.  I think I need to update a few of my everyday tops.


How about you, how do you keep your closet in order?


If you like Thrifty & Chic on a Budget, I would love to have you follow me.
Check out what's happening behind the scenes, follow me on Instagram.
Have every post delivered to your inbox with Bloglovin
Check out Pinterest & See behind the scenes on Instagram 

 photo facebook_zpsjidlprdx.png  photo twitter_zps2tkztdwt.png  photo pinterest_zpsrqc2e9tb.png  photo instagram_zpshgvokoye.png  photo rss_zpskxkhosrf.png  photo google_zpsq4r5lcgg.png  photo bloglovin_zpszdewbww1.png  photo email_zpsecoee34x.png

Enter your email address:


هذا ليس كل شيء تصفح باقي الصفحات وتعرف على باقي التفاصيل…

اPopularPosts