The Upstairs Landing

The Upstairs Landing

This house has such a generous landing at the top of the stairs, it is almost like a small room.  It connects the loft, three bedrooms and the hall bathroom.  It's nice that it is large and you don't feel like you are walking down a long hall anywhere.  I also like that it holds some furniture that I use for storage which is always a plus.  The other thing is wall space.  This home has huge two story walls downstairs with huge windows and upstairs there aren't that many wall spaces for art either, so this landing area is a bonus for art.

I love this painting of the "Old Man Praying".  It is one of my favorite things, so finding a home for it has been a must, however that has been a challenge.  I have tried it on several walls in the kitchen and the breakfast area and they are just barely wide enough for the painting to hang on them.  It really didn't look very good.  As much as I wanted to have him in my breakfast area, it just didn't work.  When I was rearranging things up here, I moved a couple of the clocks and found that he looks perfect above the buffet.  (Now a buffet doesn't normally go in the landing either but I love this piece too so it needed to find a home.)


Even though this may not be the typical furniture you see in a landing, it works for me.


 This is also where I have all of my old family pictures hanging.  So I have my ancestors, my mom's antique clocks and my praying man all in one place.  I like it.  (That's hubby's office at the end of the hall.  When he gets it put together, I'll show you a pic )





I am so glad this picture finally has a home.


If you like Thrifty & Chic on a Budget, I would love to have you follow me.
Check out what's happening behind the scenes, follow me on Instagram.
Have every post delivered to your inbox with Bloglovin
Check out Pinterest & See behind the scenes on Instagram 

 photo facebook_zpsjidlprdx.png  photo twitter_zps2tkztdwt.png  photo pinterest_zpsrqc2e9tb.png  photo instagram_zpshgvokoye.png  photo rss_zpskxkhosrf.png  photo google_zpsq4r5lcgg.png  photo bloglovin_zpszdewbww1.png  photo email_zpsecoee34x.png

Enter your email address:


هذا ليس كل شيء تصفح باقي الصفحات وتعرف على باقي التفاصيل…

اPopularPosts